Work Injury Compensation Insurance Claim
The Work Injury Compensation Insurance policy covers you (the Employer) for compensation to employees for occupation diseases, injuries or death caused by accidents arising out of and in the course of employment under the:
- Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA); and
- Common Law
For more information on compensation under Work Injury Compensation Act, you may refer to Ministry of Manpower’s website.
Steps to take:
- Notify our Claims Department immediately at Tel: 6252 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org, giving a description of circumstances leading to the accident, injured employee’s particulars and the nature and extent of injury.
- Notify the police or the proper authority where applicable.
- Submit the accident report to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) by using the I-report system on MOM’s website at mom.gov.sg/iReport within 10 days of the following occurrences:
- Accident resulting in death
- Accident resulting in incapacity that renders the employee unfit for work for more than 3 calendar days (consecutive or otherwise), or is admitted in a hospital for at least 24 hours for observation or treatment
- Employee contracting an occupational disease
Failure to report a work-related accident to MOM is an offence. It carries a fine of up to $5,000 for a first time offence, and up to $10,000 and/or a jail term of up to six months for subsequent offences.
- You are to immediately forward all letters, writs of summons or another correspondence that you have received from the employee or his/her lawyer or representative to us. You MUST NOT admit liability in any manner.
- Please contact our Claims Department at Tel: 6252 8888 or email@example.com for advice pertaining to these matters.